Be a volunteer at Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Volunteers are special people who are genuinely willing to devote their time, knowledge and expertise to be of service to others. And most volunteers will tell you that they benefit as much, or more, than those they serve. Volunteering can help you:
- Explore careers in the health care field
- Sharpen certain skills for re-entry into the business world
- Stay active in your retirement years
- Meet people and develop friendships
- Experience personal satisfaction and growth through an investment of your time
Many employers recognize the value of volunteer experience. The director of volunteer services will write a letter of recommendation upon request that you can use as a job reference.
Waukesha Memorial Hospital needs you if you can devote two to four hours of your time on a weekly basis. Volunteers must be at least 15 years old and be dependable, trustworthy and have a desire to show people they care. New hospital volunteers need to attend an orientation program. They receive training from hospital staff and experienced volunteers, both in the classroom and on the job.
Waukesha Memorial Hospital has many choices for volunteer service. Some opportunities include:
- Patient room service
- Patient mail delivery
- Intensive care
- Hosting families in surgery waiting area
- Medical records and clerical duties
- Medical library assistance
- Nursing unit support including work in Day Surgery, the Regional Cancer Center and other clinical areas
- Information desk
- Help with services such as the Lifeline program
- Plus many other opportunities!
In addition, there are volunteer opportunities in new programs that are developed to meet the needs of the hospital as well as the volunteer. We also need an on-call pool of volunteers for special projects.
We honor our volunteers at an annual recognition luncheon and you can receive awards.
Contact us to volunteer
If you'd like to know more about the many types of volunteer opportunities available, please contact the Volunteer Services Department by email or by calling 262-928-2734.