Jamie Wolf, NP, MS clinic coordinator and Stanya Smith, MD, MS clinic medical director, work together as a team to develop comprehensive care plans that precisely meet our patients’ unique needs.
Leading the way in MS treatment and research
ProHealth Care's multiple sclerosis program provides multiple sclerosis management, education and clinical research. It's one of the leading centers in Wisconsin, providing innovative infusion therapy for MS patients and participating in clinical trials designed to advance the understanding of MS and its treatment.
ProHealth Care partners with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to provide you with the most advanced health care, educational programs and community services. In fact, ProHealth Care's multiple sclerosis program is one of only five in Wisconsin to have a formal affiliation with the National MS Society.
Technologically advanced imaging and diagnostic options
- Lumbar puncture
- Evoked potential testing – evaluates your nervous system response to certain stimuli
Why choose us for your care?
At ProHealth Care, we offer you a team approach to care, under the medical direction of Stanya Smith, MD, board-certified neurologist. The MS team practices a multidisciplinary treatment approach to offer you comprehensive care.
ProHealth Care's MS team works closely with research staff to engage in studies for MS patients and clinical research.
We designed our full range of services to treat patients during all stages of MS, addressing emotional, psychological, social and physical needs, including:
- Care management – Assisting patients and families with long-term care goals, and giving then access to resources to achieve these goals through supportive services.
- MS-certified physical therapist – Specializing in physical needs, including strengthening, balance, endurance/fatigue strategies, stretching for spasticity and remaining safe in the home.
- Occupational therapy – Offering strategies to improve fine motor movements and optimize self-care.
- Speech therapy – Assess and manage symptoms related to communication and cognition.
- Prescribing and monitoring medication – Symptomatic management for spasticity, fatigue, neuropathic pain, bowel and bladder issues.
- Urogynecology – Addressing areas of concern for women's bladder and pelvic health.
- Urology – Access to services addressing men's urological health.
- Access to optical coherent tomography – Test useful in diagnosing visual changes.
- Registered nurse – Dedicated to the concerns and needs of patients.
- Acupuncture – Available onsite and provided by a board-certified acupuncturist RN.
Find out more
ProHealth Care's MS program is offered at two locations:
- ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Oconomowoc Physician Center
Request more information or make an appointment at either location by calling 262-928-8200.