Our lung cancer treatment services
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States for men and women, taking more lives than breast, prostate and colorectal cancers combined. To help patients beat these odds, ProHealth Care's Regional Cancer Center developed the Center for Lung/Thoracic Care.
We coordinate and administer your care by a team of specialists. A dedicated cancer care coordinator makes the journey easier ffor you by guiding youthrough all aspects of your cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Sophisticated diagnostic capabilities, including PET/CT scans and superDimension
- Advanced lung surgery, including VATS (video-assisted thorascopic surgery)
- Radiation oncology, including the revolutionary CyberKnife technology
- Medical oncology, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and drug therapy
- Second opinion program, providing the convenience of meeting all the specialists involved — such as cardiothoracic surgeons, pulmonologists and oncologists — during one visit. Patients receive their individual treatment plan at the conclusion of this same one-day appointment.
Why choose us for lung cancer treatment?
Team approach to lung cancer treatment and care
- Experienced surgeons with special expertise in thoracic oncology
- Multidisciplinary conferences for multiple second opinions from a number of physician specialists — all at one time
Dedicated cancer care coordinator
- Dedicated care coordinator to serve as each patient's advocate, to help make appointments, provide support and guide patients through all aspects of treatment, helping them feel more comfortable and make informed decisions about their care.
Clinical cancer research programs
- Our patients have access to a large number of the most promising lung cancer clinical research programs, including the International Early Lung Cancer Action Project (I-ELCAP).
For more information about lung cancer treatment
- Find out how you can get help to quit smoking.
- If you have a lung cancer diagnosis, learn more about our second opinion program or call 262-928-7719.
- Call our Cancer Information Line at 1-877-398-7878.