Learn to shop for healthy foods
Who may attend?
- Anyone with pre-diabetes or diabetes
- Anyone who shops or cooks for someone with diabetes
What are the tours?
- Two hours of walking through the grocery store with a registered dietitian learning:
- what to look for in each area of the store
- how to read a food label
- more about serving sizes and how food affects glucose levels
- A time to ask questions related to food in general or specific items
Where are the tours held?
- Local grocery store-locations vary
What is the cost?
- $15-cash or check accepted
Grocery Store Tour Podcast 3 min Samples (audio mp3)
For more information
Call ProHealth Care's Diabetes Center at 262-928-2745 for exact locations, dates, times and to register.