When you're suffering from a terminal illness and wish to remain in the comfort of your own home, with your family and loved ones by your side, we provide compassion and care. A multidisciplinary hospice team consisting of physicians, nurses, a chaplain, a medical social worker, volunteers and others work together to support you and your family and alleviate your pain and uncomfortable symptoms.
If hospice care at home is not possible, you may receive care at ProHealth AngelsGrace Hospice or area nursing homes as the place of residence, by special arrangement to qualifying patients.
Who's eligible to participate in home hospice?
- To be admitted to the program, you must have a terminal illness with a limited life expectancy.
- Your physician and hospice medical director must approve admission to the program.
How we provide care?
- When you enter the hospice program, our medical directors evaluate your needs and develop an individualized program of care.
- Registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day care. They're available 24 hours a day and make regularly scheduled visits seven days a week.
- Our medical directors work closely with your physician and members of the hospice interdisciplinary team, which includes nursing, medical social work, pastoral care, trained volunteers and others to assure that the care delivered meets your needs and your family's needs.
Services we offer
- We offer reasonable and necessary medical and support services to manage your terminal illness under a plan of care established by the hospice team and your attending physician.
- While pain relief and patient comfort are key components of hospice care, treating your physical needs is only part of our care program.
- Our medical social workers provide emotional and psychological counseling and guidance.
- A non-denominational chaplain works with patients of all faiths to address spiritual needs and concerns as they arise.
- Home health aides are available to assist you with various daily activities including housekeeping, hygiene and other routine tasks.
- Volunteers offer companionship, a kind word and a bright smile when you need it most.
For more information on home care or hospice services, call 262-928-7444 or 877-453-9272.