Personal issues require personalized care
Sexual health is a fundamental part of a woman’s overall well-being. Although more than 40 percent of women will experience a sexual issue during their lifetime, intimacy and sexuality are sensitive topics that they may not feel comfortable discussing.
Any condition that affects intimate relationships enough to have a negative impact on a woman’s quality of life is considered a sexual concern and can include:
- Decreased sexual interest, arousal and lubrication
- Pain during intercourse
- Delayed or absent orgasm
- Genital or chronic pelvic pain
- Body perception and image issues
- Abuse or previous negative sexual experiences
Sexual issues can occur at any age and can result from:
- Medications or hormones
- Medical conditions
- Life events such as childbirth, menstruation, menopause
- Alcohol, nicotine or drugs
- Behavioral health conditions including depression and anxiety
- Relationship and communication issues
- Abuse or trauma
Improving your sexual health
Sexual health concerns are often treatable. Our experts provide a professional and private environment so patients feel comfortable discussing their situation. Open and honest communication is essential in developing a successful treatment plan that may include:
- Diagnostic testing
- Treating related medical conditions or chronic pain
- Recommendation for individual or couples therapy
- Medication evaluation and management
- Hormone medications or devices
The goal is to put patients on a path to healthy sexuality and help improve their quality of life and rediscover the joy of intimacy.
ProHealth Medical Group
240 Maple Ave.
ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital
791 Summit Ave.
ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
725 American Ave.
Schedule your appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 262-928-2595.