An even safer patient experience
At ProHealth Care, we’re seeing patients, and seeing to your safety. We’ve have always been committed to providing the best patient experience. That’s why we responded to the COVID-19 pandemic with changes designed to ensure your safety when you seek care.
Whether you need a routine exam, a preventive screening or test, surgery, or an urgent care or emergency visit, we’re making care even safer. That’s our pledge to you. Here is what you can expect when you visit any ProHealth Care location:
- A patient safety ambassador will greet you upon arrival.
- You will be asked to wear a mask. If you do not have your own, one will be provided for your use.
- We will check your temperature and screen you for COVID-19 symptoms. Every employee also is being screened before the start of each shift.
- For your protection, a single-use plastic bag will be made available for your personal items, if you wish.
- Glass barriers have been added to all registration desks.
- You will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer.
- Waiting areas have been rearranged to support social distancing. You may also choose to wait in your vehicle after checking in, if you prefer.
- We are cleaning more frequently, and paying extra attention to door handles and other high-touch surfaces.
- Exam rooms are disinfected after each use.
- Anyone scheduled for surgery or requiring a hospital stay is tested for COVID-19.
- Hospital visitor restrictions are in place along with new clinic guidelines for office visits.
- We isolate COVID-19 patients and those suspected of having the disease.
- Virtual video visits are available for some primary and specialty care appointments. If you’d prefer this type of visit, call your provider’s office to learn if it is an option for you. Virtual urgent care visits are also available and allow you to obtain a referral for COVID-19 testing, if needed.
We are taking these steps because we want to protect you — and our staff. And because it’s simply the way you should be treated. Now more than ever.