Clinical research helps doctors learn more about medical conditions and how to treat or prevent them. That’s why we participate in hundreds of clinical trials, including observational and treatment trials.
At ProHealth, you’ll find:
- Investigator-initiated (independent) projects occurring only at ProHealth Care
- Multisite and cooperative group studies conducted at national and international levels
Learn more about clinical trials at ProHealth Care.
Institutional review board
The ProHealth Care Institutional Review Board (IRB) was established to protect the rights and welfare of people participating in clinical research at ProHealth. The IRB reviews and monitors every clinical research study at our facilities. It also determines who can access ProHealth medical records for research purposes. Learn more about our privacy policies.
Our IRB includes medical experts, scientists and people from our local community.
Affiliated scientific members
- A. Grace, PsyD
- J. Pfaff, PhD
- M. Piehl, RPh (vice chairperson)
- D. Serna, MD
- A. Schmocker, MS
- R. Shapiro, JD
- K. Stevenson, MD
- J. Wolf, RN, BSN
- T. Wade, MD
Affiliated nonscientific members
IRB meeting calendar
The IRB meets monthly, usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month, at ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. Meeting dates and deadlines for 2019 are:
IRB meeting date
Assurance and registration
ProHealth Care is committed to complying with all government requirements, regulations and policies related to human research.
- Our IRB Organization (IORG) number is 0002642.
- Our Federalwide Assurance (FWA) number is FWA00014941. Read the terms of our FWA [PDF].
Policies and procedures
All research conducted or overseen by ProHealth Care follows rules and guidelines formulated or adopted by our organization.
Conflict of interest policy
Review our Conflict of Interest in Human Subject Research Policy [PDF].
Request financial conflict of interest information
To request information about current financial conflicts of interest at ProHealth Care that involve Public Health Service (PHS)-funded research, contact Dawn Minikel at 262-928-3447 or email@example.com.
Within five days, you’ll receive a written response that includes:
- Investigator’s name, title and role with the research project
- Entity in which significant financial interest is held
- Nature of the significant financial interest
- Approximate dollar value of the significant financial interest
If you have questions about clinical research at ProHealth, or would like to request copies of our policies and procedures, contact us. Call 262-928-3447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org