Choose ProHealth Care for expert treatment of your brain, spine and nerves. You can stay close to home for advanced technology and expertise you’d typically find only at academic medical centers.
Conditions we treat
Count on ProHealth for a diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
- Brain and spine tumors
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Headaches and migraines
- Multiple sclerosis
- Pain in the back, neck or nerves
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA)
Team approach to care
Neurological conditions affect you in various ways. So you’ll have access to several types of caregivers, including:
- Behavioral health care providers
- Nurses certified in neuroscience
- Pain management providers
- Rehabilitation experts (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy)
ProHealth neuroscience specialists work closely with research centers. That means your providers stay up to date with advances in neuroscience and you get access to groundbreaking clinical trials.
Neuroimaging and tests
Your doctor may learn more about your brain or spine using one of these types of tests:
- Computed tomography (CT) – Quickly creates 3D images using as little radiation as possible.
- Diffusion tensor MRI imaging and fiber tractography – Helps a surgeon find injured or at-risk nerve fibers before removing a brain tumor.
- Electroencephelography (EEG) – Measures electrical activity in your brain to diagnose epilepsy.
- Electromyography (EMG) – Measures electrical activity in your nerves and muscles.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Creates very clear, detailed pictures using radio waves, a magnetic field and a computer.
- MR spectroscopy – Helps doctors distinguish brain tumors from other tissue.
- Perfusion imaging – Shows blood flow through the brain so surgeons can learn more about a tumor.
During brain surgery or spine surgery, your surgeon may use the guidance of technology that shows the inside of your body. If you’ll need to be awake during brain surgery, your surgeon will monitor brain activity to make sure the procedure spares healthy tissue.
Conditions treated by neurosurgeons at ProHealth Neuroscience Care include:
- Back and neck pain
- Brain and spine trauma
- Brain and spine tumors
- Chiari malformation
- Facial pain / trigeminal neuralgia
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Pituitary tumors and disorders
- Vagus nerve disorders
Advanced interventions may include artificial disc replacement, cyberknife stereotactic radiosurgery, vagus nerve stimulator implantation and verterbroplasty or kyphoplasty.
Concussion and traumatic brain injury
Recover as well as possible from a concussion or another traumatic brain injury (TBI). Our neuroscience team will provide follow-up evaluation and treatment after a hospital stay or visit to the emergency department.
At ProHealth Care, a medical team develops a treatment plan that may involve physical, occupational and speech therapy, as well as behavioral medicine to address depression, anxiety or other psychological effects that could possibly result from a brain injury.
If you’re a coach, call 262-928-2351 to ask a ProHealth provider to speak to your team members and their families about preventing, recognizing and managing concussions.