Do I need back surgery?
Surgery may be your best option if conservative, nonsurgical treatments haven’t relieved pain in your back, leg, neck or groin due to:
- Discs (rubbery cushions) that slip out of place and press on a spinal nerve
- Osteoarthritis, which can cause bone spurs that put pressure on spinal nerves
Surgical spine services
Trust doctors with experience in:
- Disc replacement – Exchanges your damaged disc with an artificial cushion between bones in your spine.
- Discectomy – Removes the damaged part of a herniated (ruptured) disc in your neck or back to treat conditions like sciatica.
- Microdiscectomy (minimally invasive) – Removes disc and reduces scarring and recovery time.
- Kyphoplasty or vertebroplasty – Use bone cement to fix vertebral fractures (broken bones in the spine).
- Laminectomy – Removes the lamina, or back part of the vertebra, to ease pressure on spinal nerves and relieve spinal stenosis.
- Spinal fusion (minimally invasive) – Uses small incisions to weld two spinal bones together so they don’t rub against each other and cause pain.
- Halo placement – Uses a brace worn around the head to keep the neck and spine stable for a period after surgery.
Learn about ProHealth’s other surgical and nonsurgical pain management services.
Lumbar spinal fusion
Hear how ProHealth surgeons work to relieve pain by fusing bones in your lower spine.
Get the care you need to achieve the best possible outcome. Spine surgery patients at ProHealth hospitals:
- Are more satisfied than the national average.
- Have lower complication rates than the national average.
- Go home sooner than patients at most other regional surgery centers.
- Pay less than patients at many other area hospitals.
Expect to receive an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan tailored to you, often during your first ProHealth appointment. Several specialists work together to care for you from diagnosis to rehabilitation.
You’re in good hands at ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Your ProHealth spine surgeons are among the region’s most experienced. They have access to advanced surgical technology that improves your results.