Reduce or manage side effects of cancer treatment with complementary therapies at ProHealth. The therapies are used alongside medical treatments to help you feel better physically and emotionally. Take advantage of:
- Mind-body exercise, such as yoga – Helps manage symptoms and reduce stress.
- Nutrition counseling – Helps you get the nutrients you need. Available at no cost for patients with cancer.
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation services – Helps you maintain or regain strength and independence.
- Reiki – Uses touch therapy to support healing.
Oncology social workers
Turn to our social workers for support when coping with practical concerns related to living with cancer. Let us help you with questions about:
- Advance care planning
- Community programs and services
- Disability benefits
- Financial concerns
- Insurance coverage
- Sexual health and fertility
- Transportation services
Counseling and support groups
Connect with others facing a similar journey when you join a cancer support group at ProHealth. You’ll find a safe, supportive place to discuss your feelings, celebrate victories and cope with challenges.
You’ll also find one-on-one support for your emotional, mental and behavioral health with free counseling services at all our cancer care locations.
Support for children
If you’re the parent of a school-aged child, ask us about CLIMB® (Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery). This unique program provides age-appropriate education and emotional support for children ages 5 to 17 who have a parent or caregiver affected by cancer. You and your child will learn how to talk more easily and openly about your health.
Your palliative care team collaborates with your oncologist (cancer doctor) to ease pain, reduce symptoms and improve your quality of life. You can receive palliative care while receiving cancer treatment.
Cancer care retail shop
Visit the retail store at the UW Health Cancer Center at ProHealth Care in Pewaukee to find products especially for cancer survivors, including:
- Compression stockings, sleeves and gloves
- Mastectomy bras and camisoles
- Head covers, scarves and "chemo" hats
Meet with a financial counselor at ProHealth Care if you have questions about:
- Insurance authorization for tests or procedures
- Insurance coverage
- Paying for medications
When you or your loved one is in the last stage of life, turn to our hospice services for compassionate care in your home or at ProHealth AngelsGrace Hospice.