What is cancer rehabilitation?
Cancer rehabilitation helps you take an active role in managing your health before, during and after cancer treatment. You’ll address physical, mental and emotional challenges of being a cancer survivor – so you can make your journey with the least amount of pain and renewed strength.
Benefits of cancer rehabilitation
Participating in cancer rehabilitation may help you:
- Build strength, balance, endurance and flexibility.
- Feel more confident.
- Care for yourself more easily.
- Manage symptoms, such as fatigue, pain and lymphedema.
- Recover more quickly or more fully.
- Reduce depression and anxiety.
- Return to work and other activities.
Cancer rehabilitation team
Partner with a collaborative team of rehabilitation therapists. Depending on your needs, you may work with:
- Occupational therapist – Shows you how to do daily living activities more comfortably and independently.
- Physical therapist – Helps you build physical strength, reduce pain and improve your ability to move.
- Speech-language pathologist – Assists with communication skills or swallowing abilities.
Individualized therapy plan
Look to the cancer rehabilitation team at ProHealth to create a care plan tailored to you. Your therapy plan takes into account your type of cancer, your overall health and where you are in your cancer journey.
Beat Cancer exercise classes
Join us for a workout designed especially for cancer survivors. Enjoy group exercise classes that include modifications to fit your abilities, comfort or fitness level. Search our class listings to find a Beat Cancer Boot Camp or Beat Cancer Yoga class.