Your heart and vascular specialists
Turn to our team for safe, high-quality heart and vascular care. Our specialists work together and share their expertise so you get coordinated care. This approach gives you the best possible care and outcome. ProHealth Care's partnership with UW Health means patients benefit from the expertise of a wide range of specialists.
Your physician team at ProHealth may include:
- Cardiologists – Treat and manage heart, artery and vein conditions.
- Cardiothoracic surgeons – Treat diseases affecting your heart and blood vessels and lung-related conditions.
- Electrophysiologists – Diagnose and treat heart rhythm disorders.
- Interventional cardiologists – Perform catheter-based treatments of heart disease and structural heart defects.
- Interventional radiologists – Use imaging technology to guide catheter-based treatments.
- Vascular specialists – Diagnose and manage artery, vein and lymphatic system conditions.
- Vascular surgeons – Treat diseases of your arteries and veins with and without surgery.
Expect to receive care from specially trained nurses, cardiovascular technicians, cardiac rehabilitation specialists and other doctors on our care team.
High-quality cardiac care
If you’re admitted to the hospital for care, feel confident that you’ll receive safe, effective care. ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital is a Blue Distinction Center for cardiac care. That means we’ve demonstrated improved patient outcomes and lower complication rates following certain heart procedures and surgeries.
Prevention and screening
Partner with us for help lowering your risk of disease. Heart disease screening and vascular disease screening at ProHealth help you and your doctor spot disease before you have symptoms. Early detection means you can get treatment sooner – and help prevent more serious problems. Access resources, education, wellness programs and fitness classes to improve your lifestyle.
Conditions we treat
Rely on ProHealth for accurate diagnosis of heart and vascular conditions. We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart attack
- Heart disease, including coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Vascular disease, including peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Varicose veins and spider veins
If you or a loved one show signs of a heart attack, call 9-1-1 right away.
Advanced heart procedures and surgery
Depend on expert doctors and a skilled support staff for cardiovascular procedures and surgeries, such as:
- Devices placement and monitoring
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Off-pump coronary bypass surgery
- Traditional heart bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Specialized catheterization labs
When you receive a test or treatment in our all-digital cath labs, you’re exposed to less radiation. Know that your doctor enjoys a clear, precise view while performing your angioplasty, stent placements or other advanced procedure.
Recover after a heart attack, heart surgery or other heart event with cardiac rehabilitation at ProHealth. Take part in safe, low-impact exercise and learn the best ways to care for yourself.
If you take blood thinners – medications that prevent blood clots – get anticoagulation management services at a ProHealth location near you. Count on us to:
- Check you for signs of blood clots and bleeding.
- Help make sure you’re taking medications safely and effectively.
Cardiovascular clinical trials
Ask your care team about cardiovascular clinical trials at ProHealth. If you’re a candidate, you may benefit from new treatments not yet widely available.