When to consider home health care
Home health care may be right for you or a loved one if you’d like to continue living independently but:
- You have a hard time handling your health care needs, even with help from family or friends.
- You’re unable to leave your home, or it’s very difficult to do so.
- You have had a recent change in your health or medications.
High-quality home care
Feel confident you’re receiving safe, high-quality care from ProHealth Home Care. We hold The Gold Seal of Approval™ for Home Care Accreditation from The Joint Commission, the nation’s best known standards-setting and accrediting body in health care.
Enjoy the security of knowing your home care provider is backed by the resources of the ProHealth Care system, including ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital, ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital and ProHealth Medical Group.
Skilled nursing care
Bring the excellent medical care provided at ProHealth to your home. Benefit from in-home nursing services such as:
- Patient and caregiver instruction in catheter and ostomy care
- Patient and caregiver instruction in feeding tube care
- Patient and caregiver instruction in injections and intravenous (IV) therapy
- Medication education
- Nutrition counseling
- Patient and family education
- Physical evaluations
- Wound care and dressing changes
Improve or restore skills affected by a health or medical condition. Work with ProHealth rehabilitation specialists to develop a care plan and reach your goals. Depending on your needs, you may benefit from:
- Occupational therapy – Shows you how to make your home safer and complete daily activities more comfortably and independently.
- Physical therapy – Helps you move safely and build strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Speech therapy – Cares for swallowing disorders and communication problems.
Social worker services
Depend on our medical social workers to help you handle challenges associated with living with your condition. Let us connect you with:
- Community resources
- Counseling and support
- Financial assistance programs
Home hospice and palliative care
Stay at home while receiving care that focuses on controlling pain and other symptoms of serious illnesses. Ask about:
- Palliative care – Helps you feel better at any stage of a disease, including during active treatment.
- Hospice care – Keeps you comfortable, alert and supported during your last months of life.
Home health aides
Choose ProHealth for assistance with household chores and daily tasks. Count on our dedicated home health aides to help with:
- Personal care, such as bathing and dressing
- Home exercise program
Paying for home care
The cost of home care depends on your insurance. Rely on us to help you determine your coverage and submit claims on your behalf. ProHealth Home Care accepts:
- Private insurance
- Private payments