What’s hospice care?
Hospice is specialized end-of-life care for people with a life-limiting illness or injury. Hospice care focuses on managing pain and other symptoms, while also providing emotional and spiritual support to the patient and family.
Settings for hospice care
Work with your family and care team to determine the best place to receive hospice care:
- Home hospice care – Remain at home while benefiting from skilled hospice care, including regular visits from registered nurses.
- Inpatient hospice care – Stay at ProHealth AngelsGrace Hospice, a peaceful home-like setting in Oconomowoc with 24/7 advanced end-of-life care.
Your hospice care team
Get support from an experienced, empathetic care team at ProHealth Care. You may work with:
- Hospice medical director – Coordinates care with your doctor and directs your multidisciplinary hospice team.
- Doctors – Provide medical care.
- Nurses – Assess your condition and provide pain management, symptom control, and family and caregiver education.
- Medical social worker – Identiﬁes and helps resolve problems, provides counseling and connects you with community resources.
- Chaplain – Provides spiritual guidance.
- Volunteers – Offer emotional support, companionship and assistance.
Individualized care plan
You’ll receive a care plan tailored to your needs and wishes. Take advantage of:
- Assistance with daily activities such as bathing and other routine tasks
- Emotional and psychological counseling
- Pain relief and symptom management
- Massage therapy
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Spiritual guidance from a non-denominational chaplain
- Comfort and companionship from volunteers
Advance care planning
Communicate your wishes for medical treatment to ensure they’re honored even if you become unable to voice them. Learn about advance care planning.
Support for families
If your loved one is receiving hospice services, look to the ProHealth hospice team for:
Insurance coverage for hospice care
Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans. Count on us to help you understand what’s covered under your plan and submit claims on your behalf.