What’s a health coach?
Health coaches are specially trained nurses who motivate employees to make lasting behavior changes. People with multiple chronic conditions or those recovering from an injury may need support from health coaches to improve their health.
How do health coaches help?
Health coaches work with your employee and their primary care doctor to help the employee:
- Learn more about their health.
- Manage chronic health conditions.
- Navigate the health care system.
- Recover from an illness or injury.
- Set and meet health-related goals.
Lunch and learn
Make health and wellness education more accessible to your employees with lunch and learn programs. Nurses, dietitians and health care professionals come to your workplace to deliver a 30- to 45-minute presentation over the lunch hour.
Lunch and learn topics
Choose from a variety of health topics, including:
- Eating and diet
- Eat, drink and be healthy
- Make sense of food labels
- Mediterranean diet
- Mediterranean food pyramid
- Smart eating habits
- Exercise and fitness
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Exercise at work
- Fitness for life
- Free weights vs. machine
- Jump start your health: an exercise program
- Maintaining your body and health
- Balancing life
- Guide to healthy living
- How to choose a primary care physician
- Know your numbers
- Manage your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Oh, my aching back
- Simple stress reduction
- Supplements: a guide to vitamins and minerals
- The importance of having a primary physician
- Preventive health
- Breast mammograms
- Cancer risk: reducing your risks every day
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Diabetes – everybody’s getting it
- Diabetes awareness
- Diabetes prevention guide
- Heart disease
- Heart health
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sun safety
- Weight management
- Maintain, don't gain
- Managing your waistline
- Resistance training
- Weight loss