Tobacco cessation program
Your employees can participate in a six-month program that includes:
- Individual medical evaluation
- 12 visits with a health care provider
- Seven-week support group
- Individualized treatment plans
- Option to use nicotine cessation medication
How tobacco cessation helps employees
Studies have shown that quitting smoking benefits both employers and employees. Smoking cessation programs can:
- Help your employees stay healthy.
- Increase employees’ productivity at work.
- Lower health care costs and insurance rates.
- Decrease the number of sick days your employees need.
Requirements for employees
To take part in an on-site tobacco cessation program, your employee must:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Have smoked or used nicotine for one year or more.
- Smoke at least 15 cigarettes a day or use chewing tobacco.
- Not be currently enrolled in a smoking cessation program or using nicotine replacement products.
- Not have a history of seizures or untreated medical problems.
On-site tobacco cessation costs $500 per person in the program. We recommend groups of 10 or 12 employees.