Before you hire an employee, make sure they can handle the physical requirements of the job. Pre-employment physicals test a job applicant’s ability to do physical tasks such as heavy lifting or standing for long periods of time.
Find a wide range of specialty exams to fit your organization’s needs:
- Audiometric tests – Check a worker’s hearing and recommend ways to prevent hearing loss.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals – Make sure commercial drivers meet health requirements to work safely.
- Firefighter (fire district) physicals – Test physical health and ability in compliance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) regulations.
- Functional capacity (fitness-for-duty) evaluations – Assess how well an employee can do work activities, especially after an injury or illness.
- International travel exams – Provide health assessments, immunizations and health advice to employees travelling abroad.
- Medical surveillance exams – Check the health of employees who may be exposed to potentially hazardous materials or other risks; comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Pulmonary function tests – Check an employee’s breathing abilities to make sure they can safely do their job.
- Vision screenings – Test an individual's eyesight for job production or safety purposes; may help determine whether poor vision caused an accident at the workplace.
Certified examiners for commercial driving
Feel confident that your DOT exam will be performed by a qualified professional who understands transportation industry requirements. Our team includes qualified medical examiners who have:
- Training from the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM)
- Certification from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Help your executives fit preventive care into their busy schedules with comprehensive executive physicals. Depend on us to help your top employees develop or maintain a healthy lifestyle so they can be productive at work. Executive physicals may include:
- Comprehensive health assessment
- Full array of health screenings
- Physical examination
- Discussion of risk factors and ways to prevent health problems
- Healthy lifestyle counseling