Preventing joint problems
Keep your bones, muscles and joints in good condition by maintaining a healthy weight, eating well, having good posture and staying active. Discover how ProHealth can help you take steps to live well and prevent or reduce orthopedic problems with:
Joint replacement surgery
Joint replacement can reduce pain, restore movement and transform your life.
Mobility is freedom. The ability to enjoy life and the activities you love. So when chronic joint pain keeps you from being active, it may be time to consider joint replacement surgery.
Watch as members of ProHealth Orthopedic Care's surgical and medical teams answer some common questions about our program and approach to care.
Joint replacement experience
Orthopedic care team
Get care from a collaborative team of health care professionals dedicated to your well-being. Throughout your diagnosis, treatment and recovery you may work with:
- Athletic trainers – Help you prevent or recover from sports-related injuries.
- Nurses – Provide care and education about your condition.
- Occupational therapists – Help you perform daily tasks more comfortably and independently.
- Orthopedic surgeons – Specialize in diagnosing and treating problems related to your bones, joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. To learn more about the team or for help finding a surgeon for you needs, call 262-928-2745.
- Physical therapists – Help you build strength, reduce pain and increase your range of motion.
- Radiologists and imaging technologists – Use imaging tests to help diagnose your condition.
- Social workers – Provide education, support and resources, especially for patients preparing for joint replacement surgery.
Orthopedic surgery in Waukesha
Choose ProHealth for:
- Elbow, wrist or hand surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Hip surgery, including hip replacement
- Knee surgery, including knee replacement
ProHealth has a history of bringing new technology to Waukesha County. Your orthopedist has the tools and experienced support staff needed for the latest orthopedic procedures.
Nationally recognized joint replacement
If you need hip or knee replacement, look to ProHealth for safe, high-quality care that helps you achieve your best outcome. ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital and ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital:
- Hold Joint Replacement Certification for Hip and Knee from The Joint Commission.
- Are Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement, meaning they’ve demonstrated lower complication rates and fewer hospital admissions.
Joint replacement classes
Feel better prepared for a hip or knee replacement surgery when you take part in our joint replacement class.