Hip and knee replacement education
Stepping Forward is for hip and knee replacement patients and their support person. You’ll be scheduled for Stepping Forward as part of your pre-surgery registration if this is your first joint replacement at ProHealth, or if your previous joint replacement was more than a year ago.
What you’ll learn
During a 60- to 90-minute class, you’ll learn about:
- Completing pre-surgery paperwork.
- Preparing for surgery and a smooth recovery.
- Managing pain.
- Nutrition after joint replacement.
- Rehabilitation after joint replacement.
Guidance from experts
Enjoy a team approach to joint replacement education. You’ll learn from:
- Experienced nurses
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
Benefits of pre-surgery education
When you attend joint replacement class, you’ll:
- Be better prepared for your procedure.
- Feel less worried about your procedure.
- Feel more satisfied with the outcome of your procedure.
- Have a smoother recovery.
- Make connections with other patients going through a similar experience.
There’s no additional cost for Stepping Forward. The class is part of your hip replacement or knee replacement surgery preparation.
For more information about Stepping Forward or the class schedule, call 262-928-3000.