Prenatal care providers
Get a healthy start by choosing one of these types of doctors to guide you through pregnancy and childbirth:
- Family medicine doctor with obstetrics – Provides primary care for all ages and sexes, and has training in pregnancy and childbirth care.
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialist – Has advanced training in high-risk pregnancy care.
- Obstetrician – Specializes in maternity care.
Care for you and your baby
Throughout pregnancy, expect your doctor to:
- Check on your and your baby’s health during regular appointments.
- Recommend lifestyle habits to support a healthy pregnancy.
- Advise you on taking medications, vitamins or supplements that could affect your baby.
- Care for medical conditions you may have.
Feel confident ProHealth Care offers what your family needs from conception through the postpartum period:
- Classes on topics such as labor and delivery, breastfeeding, car seat safety, and preparing future siblings and grandparents for a new baby.
- Spacious labor and delivery suites with privacy for your family.
- Newborn care, including a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and special care nursery.
- Postpartum support for breastfeeding, postpartum depression (PPD) and more.
Choose a pediatrician
See ProHealth Care’s network of pediatricians – doctors who specialize in caring for children.