What is internal medicine?
Doctors of internal medicine, or internists, provide primary care for adults – people over 18 years old. They have deep, comprehensive knowledge of conditions that commonly affect adults. They also have special training to care for people with more than one long-term health condition.
Internal medicine services
Count on your internal medicine doctor for:
- Annual physical exams
- Medicare annual wellness visits
- Immunizations, including flu shots and vaccines that protect against pneumonia
- Healthy lifestyle counseling
- Reproductive health care
- Care of illnesses and injuries
- Help managing chronic health conditions
- Help managing multiple medical conditions
- Referrals to specialists
Find ProHealth Medical Group internal medicine doctors at locations throughout Waukesha County – so you won’t have to go far to get the care you need. Many of our internal medicine doctors have regular early morning, evening, or weekend hours. That means you have more options for appointments. If you need quick care that can’t wait for an appointment, visit any one of our Waukesha County urgent care locations.