What’s an occupational therapist?
Occupational therapists (OTs) help people of all ages do the things they want and need to do to enjoy a productive and satisfying life. This includes participating in school, work and hobbies, as well as bathing, dressing and eating.
Conditions we treat
Ask your doctor for a referral to an OT at ProHealth when you’re having trouble performing daily tasks due to:
Occupational therapy treatments
Partner with your occupational therapist to create a customized treatment plan. Depending on your condition, needs, goals and preferences, your plan may include:
- Biofeedback therapy
- Exercises to build strength, flexibility or range of motion
- Heat therapy to ease pain and relax muscles
- New ways to complete an activity
- Manual therapy
- Modifications to your home, work or school environment
- Practice of your activity in small, manageable steps
- Splints to protecting your joints
- Special devices or equipment to make activities easier
Driver safety evaluations
Find out whether it’s safe for you or a loved one to continue to drive. Take part in a scientifically developed computer-based DriveABLE test that looks at your:
- Spatial judgment and decision-making skills
- Reaction time with cognitive skills
- Ability to interpret driving scenarios on video
The results of the test reveal your risk of being involved in a car accident – so you (and your physician) can make informed decisions.
Schedule a test
To schedule a driver safety evaluation at ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital, call 262-928-2445.