Schedule a virtual urgent care visit
ProHealth puts convenient care at your fingertips. You can speak to a ProHealth Care provider face-to-face using your computer or mobile device. Same-day or next-day appointments are available for minor illnesses that don't require in-person care or tests. From coughs and colds to rashes and infections, it's the next best thing to house calls.
If a technical problem prevents the virtual visit from being completed or if our health care provider determines that your condition cannot be addressed by video, you will not be charged for the visit.
Select a payment option:
Note: If you chose to pay $45 at the time of your visit, ProHealth Care will not bill your insurance.
Need a COVID-19 test?
A provider's order is needed for a COVID-19 test. Save yourself time and travel by starting with a virtual urgent care visit. If a test is recommended, the provider will place an order, allowing you to schedule an appointment at one of ProHealth Care's drive-up testing sites. Appointments are required for drive-up testing.
What is a virtual urgent care visit?
Virtual or video visits are designed to offer an affordable option to in-person care for anyone age 6 and older. Adults require a ProHealth MyChart account and parents or guardians need to have their own MyChart account and proxy access to a child's account. To take advantage of the service, you need to be located in Wisconsin and have a mobile device or computer with a microphone and a front-facing camera.
If you are 18 or older and do not have a MyChart account, you can quickly set one up now or when you schedule an appointment. A MyChart account is required to connect and communicate with a provider during a virtual urgent care visit. An appointment confirmation and access instructions will sent after you schedule an appointment. Follow all steps outlined in the message you receive to ensure you can connect at the time of your visit.
To participate in a virtual urgent care visit you must be:
- Located in Wisconsin.
- Age 6 or older.
- Set up with a ProHealth MyChart account.
- The parent or guardian of the child you are scheduling for, with your own ProHealth MyChart account and proxy access to the child's account.
- Online 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment to complete or update any necessary forms.
If you need urgent care for a child under 6, you can walk in to any ProHealth Urgent Care location or make a reservation for in-person care.
Language assistance services are available
If you do not speak English or use American Sign Language or another means to communicate, a medical interpreter is available to assist you during your virtual urgent care visit. Request assistance when scheduling your appointment. There is no charge for the service.
Virtual urgent care visits treat common conditions
Choose virtual urgent care when you or your child have mild symptoms that may not require tests or hands-on care. Consult with us when you need help with:
- Aches, general
- Allergies, seasonal
- Back pain
- Bladder or urinary tract infections (females only)
- Bug bites and stings, without severe allergic reaction
- Burns, minor and not on the hands
- Canker sores
- Cold sores
- Cold symptoms
- COVID-19 symptoms, concerns or vaccine side effects
- Cuts, abrasions and wounds, minor
- Dental pain
- Dry lips
- Eye infections
- Eye irritation, red, swollen or itchy
- Ear infections, outer not inner ear
- Flu symptoms
- Gout, flare up of existing condition
- Head lice
- Heartburn, acid reflux or GERD
- Hemorrhoids, established and not bleeding
- Motion sickness, prevention
- Pertussis (whooping cough) exposure
- Prescription questions
- Rashes, without severe allergic reaction
- Return to school or work documentation
- Sinus pain, drainage or infection, not recurrent
- Sore throat
- Sprains and strains
- Upper respiratory tract infections, without trouble breathing
- Wound infections, minor
COVID-19 screening and advice can also be provided during a virtual urgent care visit. If testing is recommended, an appointment can be scheduled at a ProHealth testing site.
Note: Inner ear infections and strep throat cannot be diagnosed using a video visit. If same-day care is needed, you can make an online reservation for an in-person urgent care visit online and save yourself time in line.