Protect your health by scheduling a well-woman visit with your doctor every year. Depending on your age and health needs, your annual exam may include:
- Contraception or family planning services
- Pelvic exam
- Review of your medical history
- Screening tests, such as a Pap smear and breast exam
- Time to discuss your health concerns
- Vaccinations, such as the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
Conditions we treat
Rely on experienced doctors who provide compassionate care to women with:
Many gynecologists (GYNs) are also obstetricians (OBs) – doctors who specialize in pregnancy and childbirth. Learn about pregnancy and birth care at ProHealth Care.
Work with your gynecologist to create a care plan that’s right for you. It may include:
- Lifestyle changes.
- Biofeedback therapy – Teaches you how to control involuntary body functions such as muscle tension, heart rate and breathing; may be used to treat stress and anxiety, headaches, incontinence, pain and more.
- Pelvic floor physical therapy – Uses exercises and other techniques to relieve pelvic pain or manage incontinence.
- Sacral nerve stimulation – Improves bladder control using a small implanted device that delivers gentle electrical impulses to a nerve in your lower back.
- MonaLisa Touch laser treatments – Treat vaginal dryness and discomfort.
- Gynecologic surgery, including robotic-assisted surgery.
If surgery to remove your uterus is the best treatment for your condition, ask about a minimally invasive da Vinci hysterectomy. With this procedure, your doctor controls a robotic arm that can bend and rotate more than the human hand. It means your surgeon can treat you with extreme precision – and using only a few small incisions. So you may benefit from a quicker recovery, smaller scars and a lower risk of complications.
Care for your sexual health
Sexual health is a fundamental part of your well-being. Trust your ProHealth gynecologic specialist for private, professional care.
When to see a specialist
Talk to your provider when you experience:
- Body perception or body image issues
- Decreased sexual interest or arousal
- Difficulty achieving orgasm
- Negative sexual experiences
- Pain during sex
Personalized care plan
Work with your provider to make a care plan that puts you on the path to healthy sexuality – so you can enjoy a better quality of life. Your care plan may include:
- Hormone therapy
- Treatments for related medical conditions
- Referral for individual or couples’ therapy