ProHealth Care Bill Pay allows patients to easily view and pay bills online
ProHealth Care has a new online resource that makes it easier and more convenient for patients to manage their medical bills.
ProHealth Care Bill Pay is a one-stop digital service for tracking, scheduling and paying ProHealth bills. The online platform is designed to help patients understand their bills, view upcoming payments and pay their balances.
“Consumers across the U.S. are seeing an increase in out-of-pocket health care costs associated with high-deductible health plans,” said Curt Glaunert, vice president for ProHealth Care. “We launched ProHealth Care Bill Pay to fit each patient’s unique needs and also give people more control over their payments.”
Consumer research has found that patients have difficulty paying their full health care balances in one payment. They often resort to credit cards, tap their savings or take out loans to pay for health care. Research also shows that consumers find health care bills to be confusing, and that they prefer to manage their accounts online. ProHealth Care Bill Pay is intended to help ProHealth patients address these issues.
Bill Pay allows patients to:
- Control household health care and physician bills in one online tool.
- Receive bills electronically and view charges, insurance payments, personal payments and balances in a clear and understandable format.
- Create their own payment plans and pay according to a customized schedule.
- Set payment alerts.
- Communicate with ProHealth by email, text or phone.
- Connect with Bill Pay directly from ProHealth Care’s patient portal, MyChart, and view health care and financial information in tandem.
The resource also will enable ProHealth to:
- Offer personalized solutions to patients according to their payment history.
- Factor regulatory and compliance requirements into longer-term financing options for patients who need them.
- Survey patients about their experiences paying bills, and make adjustments in ProHealth’s practices to enhance patient satisfaction.
Registering for ProHealth Care Bill Pay is easy. Patients can register using a computer or mobile device. All they will need to set up an account is a recent billing statement with a guarantor number.
“ProHealth Care Bill Pay is all about furthering trust and transparency with our patients so we can serve them better,” Glaunert said. “The last thing we want is for a patient to delay care because of cost concerns.”
For more information, visit ProHealthCare.org/BillPay.