ProHealth Care recommends flu vaccination
It’s not too late to get vaccinated against the flu. Everyone in our community benefits when fewer people become ill with infectious diseases.
“It’s vital that people protect themselves and their families by getting a flu vaccination this winter,” said Arthur Coffey, MD, chief physician operations officer at ProHealth Care. “The last thing we need is a challenging flu season on top of a pandemic.”
When it comes to seasonal flu vaccination, remember:
- Annual flu immunization is safe and effective.
- When more people are vaccinated, fewer people get sick and need treatment or hospitalization.
- A flu shot takes only a few minutes, and it can protect you and your family all season.
- Everyone 6 months and older should get vaccinated each year.
- Vaccination is needed every year because the body’s immune response from the vaccination declines over time, and the vaccine formula is updated each year.
- It takes about two weeks for the flu vaccine to protect the body against influenza, so it is important to get a flu shot before flu starts to spread in the community.
ProHealth Care will continue to provide flu vaccinations throughout the flu season. Information is available at ProHealthCare.org/Flu.
Payment will be due at the time of vaccination. Cash, checks and credit card payments are accepted. Insurance will be billed. Under the Affordable Care Act, flu and other vaccines are fully covered by health insurance plans without a co-payment or coinsurance charge. It is wise to verify coverage before arrival at an immunization clinic as some plans require that vaccinations be given by specific providers or at specific locations.