Rides to ProHealth appointments
Use our transportation service for medical appointments scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our service area includes areas of Dodge, Jefferson, Racine, Walworth and Waukesha counties. See our transportation services service area map [PDF].
Locations we serve
Use our transportation service for rides between your home and:
- ProHealth Care’s medical campus in Mukwonago
- ProHealth Care Medical Group locations
- ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital
- ProHealth Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin
- ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Rides to other medical offices may be available through our prepaid voucher program. You’ll pay a higher rate for these rides.
ProHealth Care transportation services are for nonemergency use only. If you need medical care right away, call 9-1-1.
Safe rides, qualified drivers
Rest assured, you’ll ride with a safe, careful driver who’s trained in first aid and nonemergency patient transport. That means your driver knows about basic care and how to handle medical equipment.
Paying for shuttle rides
Pay a flat fee for each transportation service ride:
- One-way trip: $40
- Round trip: $80
A friend, family member or caregiver may ride with you at no additional charge.
You’ll be charged no more than $640 per month, regardless of the number of rides you need.
You’ll receive an invoice, or bill, in the mail each month. Drivers do not collect fees and do not accept tips.
Some insurance companies cover transportation costs. Contact your insurance provider to learn what is covered under your plan. If transportation is covered by your plan, you’ll need to submit your invoices, or bills, to your insurance company. ProHealth does not submit these claims for you.
If you need help paying for transportation, call 262-928-7618 to learn about options for financial assistance.
Scheduling a ride
Schedule your ride at least two business days (48 hours) before your medical appointment.
The first time you use our service, expect a call to confirm your pick-up time. After your first ride, be ready for pickup one hour before your scheduled medical appointment.
If you need to cancel a ride, call at least one business day (24 hours) before your scheduled ride. If you cancel your ride less than 24 hours in advance, you’ll be charged a $40 fee.
For the safety and comfort of all passengers:
- You must wear a seatbelt.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and use car seats or booster seats as required by Wisconsin’s child safety seat laws.
- If you’re travelling in a wheelchair, you must use a lap belt if one is available. Wheelchairs must be appropriately-sized and have footrests and working brakes.
- You may not smoke.
- Personal property must be safely packaged or sent home with a friend or family member.
- You may not request additional stops for personal errands.
The following cannot be transported through our service:
- Patients using an IV or ventilator
- Hospital wheelchairs
- Lightweight wheelchairs
- Some motorized wheelchairs, including Jazzy and Pronto brands
Additional transit options
Your area may have additional transportation services that meet your needs.
If you live in Waukesha County, learn about transportation options through Find a Ride Network.
Or, download our list of transportation providers by county [PDF].