Who can host a fundraiser?
Anyone can apply to host a fundraising event to benefit ProHealth. We welcome the energy, enthusiasm and support of individuals, community groups, schools, businesses and more. Previous fundraising experience isn’t required.
Why hold a fundraiser?
By holding your own fundraiser for ProHealth, you can:
- Help us continually improve the health of Waukesha County and the surrounding area.
- Honor a friend, family member or colleague.
- Raise awareness for a cause you care about.
- Support local health care programs, services and facilities.
Steps to host a fundraiser
All community-hosted fundraising events for ProHealth are reviewed by our foundation. Help your event be as successful as possible by following these steps:
- Decide what type of fundraising event you’d like to host. (See ideas below.) Think about target audience, budget, location and time/date.
- Review our third-party event policy to make sure we’re a good fit for your event.
- Submit a fundraising event application 45 days to 12 months before your event. You’ll learn whether your application has been approved within two weeks.
- Plan your event, making sure to get necessary permits and/or insurance.
- Promote your event. (We’ll help, when appropriate, by sharing it internally and listing it on our online classes and events calendar.)
- Hold your event.
- Submit proceeds to the Foundation within 60 days of the event.
Fundraising event ideas
Create a fundraiser that fits your group’s size, interests, abilities and resources. Consider events such as:
- Athletic events, including basketball games or golf tournaments
- Bake sales
- Craft or vendor fairs
- Fitness classes
- Motorcycle rides
- Music or dance performances
- Pancake breakfasts
- Silent auctions or raffles
- Trivia nights
We approve most community fundraising events. However, we may deny your request if we feel it’s inappropriate or conflicts with one of our signature events.